- During their lives, 25.4% of women in the European region experience physical and/or sexual violence by intimate partners, and 5.2% experience sexual violence from people who are not their partner.
- Between 40 and 50 percent of women in European Union countries experience unwanted sexual advances, physical contact or other forms of sexual harassment at work.
End Violence Against Women Now
- 45 women have died so far this year
- 16,418 are at risk
- 128 women have been killed by men they knew so far this year
- Violence in the home against women, measured between January 1 and October 1, was 53% higher than reported during the same time period two years earlier
- Total reported cases for violence against women climbed by 23% compared with two years earlier
- 5.5% of all French women have been victims of physical or sexual abuse, but only 20% of abused women actually report the crime.
- One in three women are victims of domestic violence in Greece, with a new study showing a 47% increase in cases.
- 68% of the women that have suffered abuse are married, while only 16% aren’t Greeks — four out of ten of the latter group come from the Balkans.
Greece reporter and here
- 60 percent of trafficked women had experienced physical and/or sexual violence before being trafficked, pointing to gender-based violence as a push factor in the trafficking of women.